Switching out of s mode - Microsoft Community

Switching out of s mode


I am attempting to switch out of s mode. I have scoured every article within the community and tried every suggested fix. When I access the Microsoft Store (which is upgraded to the most recent version) and go to "switch out of s mode" the button for "Get" is greyed out and advises to contact IT or my system administrator. I am the administrator and I am on a private network, not a domain network. I am at my wits end. This is a known problem, I see others complaining of the same thing, is there a fix coming for this? Am I missing something? Please help!


Question Info



Replies (4) 


Hi Megan,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.


Have you tried creating a new local administrator account and try switching out from there?


Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.


Available 6 PM - 8 AM Pacific Standard time
Stay safe and wash your hands


Did this solve your problem?


Sorry this didn't help.


Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.


How satisfied are you with this reply?


Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Comments